08 Sep Clinical Perspectives on the Psychoanalytically Informed Treatment of Substance Use Disorders (SUD’s)
Holly has over 20 years of clinical experience working with substance use disorders in private practice, residential treatment programs, and court-supervised treatment programs.
Clinical Perspectives on the Psychoanalytically Informed Treatment of Substance Use Disorders (SUD’s)
About this Lecture
Using a case conference format participants will examine analytic perspectives on SUD’s and deepen their understanding of the psychodynamic underpinnings of their own cases.
- Be able to identify some of the major contributors to the psychoanalytic
understanding of SUD’s.
- Summarize the psychoanalytic contribution on the treatment of SUD’s.
- Have a working knowledge of the neurobiology of SUD’s.
- Be able to present a case using a verbatim.
- Identify transference and projective dynamics more common in the treatment of SUD’s.
- Identify countertransference dynamics more common in the treatment of SUD’s.
- Be able to utilize the understanding of transference, projective, and countertransference dynamics in case conceptualization.
- Be able to understand how a deeper knowledge of personality structure and defenses can help target intervention.
- Be able to understand the flexibility needed in a more traditional analytic stance when treating patients with SUD’s.
- November 6, 2021
10:00 am - 1:15 pm